None currently scheduled, feel free to contact us to be put on mailing list to be notified of upcoming courses
Green Raters provide in-the-field verification services at each and every LEED BD+C: Homes and LEED BD+C: Multifamily Midrise Project. Green Raters play a critical part in Homes certification.
With tens of thousands of registered projects, the demand for qualified Green Raters is growing every day.
The two-part LEED for Homes Green Rater Training is designed to prepare qualified participants to provide verification services on LEED for Homes projects. Applicants must meet/submit initial qualifications and complete a two-part training (this two-day workshop and an online course component). Following the training, participants will take a computer-based exam provided by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) and complete a mentorship on real projects before earning the LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate.
- Identify responsibilities of a LEED for Homes Green Rater in each phase of a project
- Manage and conduct verification activities
- Effectively use the project checklist file
- Communication effectively with project teams and LEED for Homes Providers
- Apply the sampling protocol on applicable projects
- Prepare accurate and complete certification submittal packages
- Recognize major changes when V4 for Homes is launched
This training is intended for professionals with a minimum of three years’ experience in the residential construction industry and basic residential green building knowledge who are interested in providing verification services on LEED for Homes projects. Those with a background in on-site verification and/or energy rating are particularly qualified.
Submit LEED for Homes Green Rater Eligibility Qualifications.
(Click on the registration type that applies to you)
STEPS TO BECOMING A GREEN RATER
Step one: Complete the Green Rater Eligibility Qualification process.
Step two: Complete the 2 part Green Rater training
Part 1: Full series of self-guided online learning modules (approximately 5 hours)
- 1.1 Becoming a LEED for Homes Green Rater
- 1.2 Green Rater Roles and Responsibilities
- 1.3 Technical Strategies for LEED for Homes
- 1.4 Multifamily and Production Home Projects
- 1.5 Green Rater Tools and Resources
Part 2: Instructor-led 2-day LEED for Homes Green Rater Workshop (2 full days)
- When you register for Green Rater Training, you are registering for both Part 1 and Part 2 of the Green Rater training. Access to Part 1 will be emailed to you once your registration is confirmed.
- Register for the training (see above for registration)
Step three: Pass the Green Rater exam
Application fee: $50 | Exam fee: $250 (per exam appointment)
AFTER PASSING THE EXAM
Upon passing the exam, candidates will be recognized with a Green Rater in training status.
- Establish an agreement with a LEED for Homes Provider organization. Complete the Green Rater mentorship within 24 months of passing the exam. After completing the mentorship, you will receive your LEED for Homes Green Rater certificate.
- Maintain your certificate by verifying a minimum of 2 projects per 2 years.
Barb Yankie got involved in the Energy Efficiency industry in 1999 and expanded into the Green and Sustainable area in 2004. She is currently a member of the Board of Directors of RESNET and the USGBC Cincinnati Regional Chapter. Some of her current accreditations include: LEED for Homes Provider, LEED AP Homes, USGBC LEED Faculty, LEED Green Rater, LEED for Homes QAD, RESNET QA/Rating Provider, Enterprise Green Communities Technical Advisory (TA) Provider, HERS Rater, NAHB Green Verifier, and LEVEL II Infrared Thermographer (ASNT Compliant).
HOST & EDUCATION PARTNER - ENERGY LOGIC
If you have any questions about Green Rater eligibility, working with a LEED for Homes provider, or this class, please contact Green Building Consulting ((513) 381-1470).