Phase 1 of the EnergyLogic Academy HERS Rater Training covers all of the classroom knowledge necessary to become a HERS Rater. Phase 1 is online and can be completed anywhere and is designed to allow participants to navigate through the knowledge base needed for a HERS Rater at the users own pace. The course prepares students for the extensive knowledge needed in building science, building materials, integrated construction processes, HVAC equipment, and diagnostic testing equipment and processes.
The HERS Rater Training online course covers the core knowledge for the HERS Rater certification. By enrolling in our self-paced, open enrollment course, you will have 90 days to complete the training. You can complete the training at your own pace, and you do not need to take the whole enrollment period if it is not needed. There are 24 modules in the course – each module will take a minimum of 2 hours to complete, with some taking over 4 hours.
Phase 2 is 4 days of field training designed to introduce the HERS Rater inspection processes and diagnostic testing. During the field training we will complete 2 practice ratings according to the RESNET training standard. Practice ratings will be performed on an existing and new home.
This is an instructor facilitated course. Students will have one-on-one instruction on the testing equipment. Much of the field work will be done in a group setting where peer to peer interaction is used to complete the practice ratings.
CREDITS AND ATTENDANCE
You will meet the listed learning objectives by completing the following activities in this course:
- Complete all online course work.
- Participate in the social interactions in the course
- Assume a leadership role when necessary; help other students when you have knowledge they don't
- Manage your time in the course
- Approach the course with a desire to learn
- Successfully complete the class project
- Participate fully in the field training labs
- Purchase and practice using the RESCAZ Simulator prior to attending the field training.
- Engage in the one-on-one coaching with the instructors
- Complete the practice ratings
- Be a full participant in all 4 days of field training
To view the full description inculding - Program Overview, Who Should Attend, Learning Objectives, Course Materials, Exam & Certifications, and to enroll: